Oil Leak 167 Another question

Yet another from our short series on recent questions posed in the Scottish Parliament by Green MSP, Mark Ruskell – this times, sometimes if you ask the right question, you don’t even get a decent answer!

Question S5W-08389: Mark Ruskell, Mid Scotland and Fife, Scottish Green Party, Date Lodged: 24/03/2017

To ask the Scottish Government which public bodies provide nature conservation advice regarding proposals for ship-to-ship transfers in Scotland.

Answered by Paul Wheelhouse (26/04/2017): I refer the member to the answer to question S5W-08390 on 26 April 2017. All answers to written parliamentary questions are available on the Parliament’s website, the search facility for which can be found at http://www.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/28877.aspx
Current Status: Answered by Paul Wheelhouse on 26/04/2017
The answer to question S5W-08390 was:
Section 2 of The Merchant Shipping (Ship-to-Ship Transfers) Regulations 2010, as amended, define Scottish Natural Heritage as the only consultation body providing nature conservation advice in Scottish waters on ship to ship transfers. Schedule 2 of those Regulations require the Secretary of State for Transport to have regard to any representation made by a consultation body when reaching a licence decision.
Which doesn’t answer the question that was asked – it is not just SNH that provide advice – it is any body that the MCA see fit. That includes…….well you know who it includes, we’ve been there many times before!